Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Babymoons in Maui

Jon and I just got back last week from a beautiful and relaxing week in Maui. We wanted to take a beach vacation together and hoped to find some time to relax a little just the two of us before everything changes in the coming months and pretty much for the rest of our lives. Maui was beautiful, lovely, and a place I'd love to return to someday when I'm less pregnant and can engage in all the fun looking adventurous activities! Kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, sailing, paddle boarding, etc. All of it looked so fun and it was hard to not want to join in on all the beach activity fun. Jon was a super trooper though and he rented beach chairs and made a nice little beach lounger for me while he went snorkeling nearly every day we were there... he of course informed me of every fish he saw on the color guide they gave him at the snorkel shop ;)

One of the days Jon got back from snorkeling and I let him know that baby A had kicked the crap out of me and he could probably feel for himself now. He eagerly laid on the sand next to me with the ocean in front of us and put his hand on my stomach and waited patiently, till then without fail she delivered a swift kick. He jumped and said "omg I FELT IT!"  They've been letting me know they are in there ever since then, and are kicking and punching up a storm ...sometimes at all hours of the day. I can't imagine what it will feel like when they really start putting some weight on, I swear at times they are practicing kung-fu.

Besides the moving girls and finally having something tangible to share with Jon in this experience other than an ultrasound and my occasional (ok regular) complaining...

We took a drive along the north shore which was not really written about much but was seriously one of the most beautiful and freaky drives I've ever been on, think large sections of cliff-side one lane two way roads.... really room for about 1.5 cars. It's not a drive I would suggest for most drivers, in fact... please if you are the least bit faint of heart in yours or your partners driving do yourself and everyone else a favor and DO NOT drive this stretch of road :)

On our final day we had to check out of the hotel by 11 and our flight didn't leave till 11 that night, so we set out for Hana hwy and the Garden of Eden, it took quite a bit longer to get there due to some of the less than skilled aforementioned drivers who decided to they would try their hand at Hana hwy driving, confusing the gas and brake pedal at randomly determined times within the curves of the road. The garden was so perfect, I only wished we had more time to explore before we had to head back to the coast for our whale watching excursion! It looked like we weren't going to get to see any whales, but on our way back we came across a mom and her week old baby whale splashing, playing, flapping, nursing, breeching... it was so amazing to witness. What incredible animals they are! It was so special to get to see them up close  (for a good solid 10-15 minutes) and before they made their way further away from our boat, for an extra bonus, you could see their tails flap and dive in the setting sun out the back of the boat for most of the ride back to the harbor, it was a fantastic way to end the trip.


In other news....
We have our 24 week appointment next week making it just a little more than 3 months left before we will likely meet our two little girls (assuming they make it to 37 weeks, which I HOPE!). My stomach is growing like a weed, and I'm finding it harder and harder to eat much, my stomach feels like it's the size of a peanut and my bladder, maybe smaller. Fun times! I'll update next week with some video and mini's related news.... after that it should be more frequent as our appointments will start to be more frequent than they have been to this point.... we're getting closer everyday.












No comments:

Post a Comment